Sykward

March 20, 2022
Blog #11

Skyward
This blog entry is about a tool in Dr. Wang's PPT about previous T3PP results. Specifically 30/118 in the hardware list. I picked the Skyward tool as I have used this all of grade school. I wanted to get more educated on this tool as it may become useful to me in the future as an elementary teacher. 

Skyward is a software company specializing in K–12 school management and municipality management technologies, including student management, human resources, and financial management. Skyward is partnered with more than 1,900 school districts and municipalities worldwide.

Family Access / Log into Family Access

Ease of Use:

Students use Skyward's Student Access product to check their own grades and schedules, work on online assignments, and communicate with teachers. This is very easy and simple way to check grades and GPA's for students.

Versatility:

This is very versatile as it is used for students use with Skyward's Student Access product to check their own grades and schedules, work on online assignments, and communicate with teachers. Therefore this can be used in many different ways for students to access their things and for teachers to use to grade students and implement class scheduling. 

Skyward Family and Student Access / Skyward Overview

Likelihood of Using: 

I can see myself using this tool as I remember using this in grade school very frequently especially getting into high school. I see myself using this to import grades as a teacher this is super useful to have that way you can keep track of attendance and school grades. 

Course Connection:

This technology reminds me of the first few weeks which were the conversation on the ancient and modern crow. In class we have discussed how there are several different technology's that we have heard about or that will be new to us. This technology reminded me of something old, ancient as referred to the discussion in class. This is something so many teachers rely on for elementary but no modern technology such as canvas or any other technology. It connected to me as it made me think about how there is not much options in grade school for grades. 

Family Access Toolkit and Login Search | Skyward

Websites Used:

https://www.skyward.com


Comments

  1. Hi Alondra,

    That is cool you are so familiar with this from when you were in elementary school. I hadn't used this I don't think when I was younger, we always used PowerSchool, but the school I am placed in uses this software. We have students practice showing their grades every Friday so they can keep up and make sure there aren't missing assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alondra,
    I am also very familiar with this technology. My middle and high school used this for grading. I definitely agree with your statement about this technology being really old. From what I remember, it could definitely use some updating. It would be really nice if this technology could be connected with Google Classroom. It would be one less hoop teachers would have to go through when inputting grades.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Typing.com

Gimkit

Lexia