ALEKS

February 27, 2022

Blog #8

ALEKS

This blog entry is about a tool in Dr. Wang's PPT about previous T3PP results. Specifically 30/118 in the hardware list. I picked the ALEKS tool as I have never heard of this website or tool in general. I wanted to get more educated on this tool as it may become useful to me in the future. 

ALEKS is an artificially intelligent learning and assessment system that has been used by over 25 million students for Math, Chemistry, Statistics and Accounting. After quickly and accurately determining each student's precise knowledge of a subject, ALEKS helps the student work on the topics they are ready to learn.

Here is the link to the website: https://www.aleks.com

ALEKS | Digital Learning Platform | McGraw Hill Asia

Ease of Use

ALEKS intelligence uses machine learning based on Knowledge Space Theory to efficiently develop and maintain a detailed map of each student's knowledge. ALEKS knows, at each moment, with respect to each individual topic in the course, whether the individual student has mastered that topic and if they are ready to learn it now. ALEKS facilitates super-effective learning by offering the student a selection of the topics that they are currently ready to learn. Since the student is always working at the boundary of their current knowledge, ALEKS students are not frustrated or bored as they are when they work on material that is too easy or too hard for them.

Independent Use: Students and Families

Versatility

ALEKS is very versatile as it is fit for different topics in the classroom to help students. I think there are several topics and technologies within this source that would be able to be useful in the classroom for those students who need this help in specific topics.

Likelihood of Using

I would definitely use this technology in the future as I myself have used this myself as a student when I was in high school. It was very helpful to me when I was unable to pass my own classes this gave me that tool to do so. Not only that their was more options of classes such as sign language that teachers didn't or couldn't teach. I think for myself this would be helpful as it could show others who need extra help or even other class options can still take them as a student.

Course Connection

I can definitely see this being a classroom topic in the classroom as it shows a lot of benefits and examples we have been talking about in class. I think the biggest thing would be how it has a range in class topics use from as well as understanding of several uses in technology.

Pay Our Online Class Helpers To Offer You ALEKS Answers

Websites Used

https://placement.uconn.edu/what-is-aleks/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typing.com

Gimkit

Lexia