Jamboard

 March 20, 2022

Blog #12

Jamboard

This blog entry is about a tool in Dr. Wang's PPT about previous T3PP results. Specifically 30/118 in the hardware list. I picked the Jamboard tool as I have heard of this website or tool in genera a few timesl. I wanted to get more educated on this tool as it may become useful to me in the future. 

Jamboard is a digital whiteboard that lets you collaborate in real time using either the Jamboard device, web browser or mobile app. Jamboard is one smart display. Quickly pull in images from a Google search, save work to the cloud automatically, use the easy-to-read handwriting and shape recognition tool, and draw with a stylus but erase with your finger – just like a whiteboard.

Jamboard - Free Software To Use for Remote Team-Building Programs

Ease of Use:

This user-friendly system replicates a traditional meeting whiteboard, allowing participants to share ideas and brainstorm together. The app is simple and streamlined in its design, making it easy for users to navigate and even fun for working or learning remotely.

Versatility: 

Jamboard is great for brainstorming gathering ideas, sorting them by color, organizing them on different frames, moving them together, and etc. Therefore this can be used in many different ways and is useful for several things making this technology very versatile. 


Google Jamboard: Whiteboard App for Business | Google Workspace

Likelihood of Using:

I can see myself using this to get students more involved into the lessons as it helps students input their own personal ideas. I think this would benefit the classroom if it was to be used as there are several ways of using this and many ways for students to learn from. 

Course Connection:

When connecting this technology to the course I thought of how towards the few beginning weeks of our class time we discussed how Dr. Gus Nollmeyer. This was about educational technology vs. instructional technology and viewing what the differences are and with this technology it made me think about that and how the differences are applied to this. 

Google Workspace Updates: Updated UI for Jamboard web home page

Websites Used:

https://edu.google.com/products/jamboard/

https://teachers.tech/how-to-use-google-jamboard/


Comments

  1. Hi Alondra, 

    I am looking forward to learning more about Jamboard. That is neat that Jamboard is a digital whiteboard that allows you to collaborate with others. It almost reminds me of the interactive whiteboard that we use in the classroom. It seems like Jamboard is user-friendly. It also seems like it is pretty versatile since a group can gather ideas, move ideas, and change the color and design of them. I think that Jamboard would be great to use in the classroom in the future. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alondra, I thought this was a very efficient way of keeping students engaged and interactive during a lesson. I like how versatile it is and allows many options for the teacher or learners to engage in an activity. This is definitely something I would like to try out for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Typing.com

Gimkit

Lexia