Canvas

March 20, 2022

Blog #9

Canvas

This blog entry is about a tool in Dr. Wang's PPT about previous T3PP results. Specifically 30/118 in the hardware list. I picked the Canvas tool as I have used this website within my 3 years in college. I wanted to get more educated on this tool as it may become useful to me in the future. 


Canvas is a course management system that supports online learning and teaching. It allows professors to post grades, information, and assignments online. It is being used by universities and colleges all over the world.

Canvas - eLearning | UAB

Ease of Use:

Canvas easily connects instructors and students and is used to monitor grades, manage active enrollments and assignment submissions, share course documents, facilitate message correspondence between students and instructors and contain course and institutional syllabus information for all to access.

Gradescope and Canvas

Versatility:
I feel as if this technology is considered very versatile as it can be used for many things including class work and etc. Educators use Canvas to manage their classrooms by taking attendance, uploading assignments and class files, and posting grades while students log on to check and complete assignments, view course materials, and monitor their grades. Canvas is available for purchase at an annual subscription rate.

Likelihood of Using:
I have only used canvas coming into college. I went on to use this within my college experience. I feel as if I could use this in higher education classes. At first it can seem very overwhelming for students who have never used it as all assignments come pilling in but once you get the hang of it, it becomes a lot easier to use.  

Course Connection:
This is connected to the course as we have talked about ways that technologies are used in our classrooms. This is something everyone at Eastern uses to do assignments and get announcements. A specific connection I made was to the SAMR review, this went on to explain ways that SAMR is represented by just tools and technologies which had similar aspects to canvas.

Canvas Accessibility with text-to-speech - ReadSpeaker

Websites:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typing.com

Gimkit

Lexia