Lexia

February 06, 2022

Blog #4

Lexia:

This blog entry is about a tool in Dr. Wang's PPT about previous T3PP results. Specifically, 30/118 in the hardware list. I chose this website because I have briefly heard of this before in classrooms but have never actually visited it. I want to be able to figure out how this can be implemented in a classroom and if I can use this in the elementary classroom. 


Here is the website: https://www.lexialearning.com


Ease Of Use:

This is a supplemental resource that provides explicit, systematic, personalized, learning in the six areas of reading instruction. This is a reading program that provides phonics instruction and gives students independent practice in basic reading skills. Lexia Reading is designed to supplement

Versatility:

This website does have some versatility in it. There are several ways you are able to use this. It is designed to support skill development in the five areas of reading instruction identified by the National Reading Panel.


Likelihood of Using:

This is very likely for me to use in the classroom as this is something I feel like I will need in the elementary education classroom. I will be able to implement this when teaching students reading skills as well as how to read certain material. I feel as if when I do use this website I will be able to use this in several ways for my lesson plans. 

Course Connection:

Lexia's approach is focused on sound methodology, engaging experiences, and continued acknowledgement of the value of each individual learner. By doing so, we are making literacy truly accessible for everyone we support. With that you are able to understand how this can be used in a classroom and have a better realization of what you are able to do with the website.



Websites Used:

What-is-lexia-core-5


Comments

  1. Hi Alondra,
    Lexia is a really great tool to use! For the classroom that I volunteer in at Lincoln Heights Elementary, the teacher there uses Lexia! I did not know that Lexia focuses on the six areas of reading instruction, that is very neat! I am glad this program focuses on phonics. That is such an important aspect for successful reading for kids. I agree that this tool would be great to use in the classroom! I am definitely going to use this tool in the future in the classroom! Great response!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Typing.com

Gimkit