Gimkit

 February 27, 2022

Blog #5 

Gimkit

This blog entry is about a tool in Dr. Wang's PPT about previous T3PP results. Specifically 30/118 in the hardware list. I picked the Gimkit tool as I have never heard of this website or tool in general. I wanted to get more educated on this tool as it may become useful to me in the future. 

Gimkit can be used in any classroom to introduce or review concepts; it's like a mashup of Kahoot! and Quizlet, but with some unique features neither have. The live gameplay is fast-paced and engaging, but when it's assigned for independent practice, Gimkit functions more like flash cards. Getting started is easy; search for kits created by other users and copy/modify them for your own use. You can also import existing question sets into Gimkit from other flash card platforms or a spreadsheet.

Here is the link to the website: https://www.gimkit.com

What is Gimkit and How Can It Be Used for Teaching? Tips and Tricks | Tech  & Learning

Ease Of Use

Students are able to join a class game via the website or an email invite. Or they can use a code that can be shared via the LMS platform of choice by the teacher. All this is controlled via a central class account that is run by the teacher. This allows not only for game controls but also for assessment and data analytics – but more on that below.

Gimkit: It's Like Kahoot on Steroids - EdTechReview

Versatility

Gimkit in my opinion is very versatile as it is both used as a game concept as well as a way for teachers to assign homework through the website. Things such as games, quizzes, and group options can be used within this tool, Therefore, this tool can be used in several ways and can be very helpful for so many students especially to make it a fun environment to learn through.

Likelihood Of Using

I can definitely see myself using this tool in my classroom as it seems as a very helpful version of Kahoot in ways teachers can use and assign things. It is a more teacher friendly to be in control of what students are learning and what ti publish to them while still having fun. 

Course Connection

Within Gimkit I can see how it can relate to a few things we have been talking about in the classroom. This can be used to get students involved through a fun and involved way. This will benefit both students and teachers because teachers will be able to use this to assign assignments for students as well as students by enjoying what they are learning with a new view. With that I have realized that this could also be referred to a few concepts within the strategies of the 7-events. As students will be able to reflect and understanding the materials. 

Websites Used

https://www.techlearning.com/how-to/what-is-gimkit-and-how-can-it-be-used-for-teaching-tips-and-tricks


Comments

  1. Hi Alondra,
    Great post! I had never heard of this technology either. From your post, I can gather that this is a really great tool to use for assessment. I have found that the students in my placement classroom respond really well to some friendly competition, so this is something that I could definitely see myself using with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alondra,
    I have never heard of Gim Kit so I am glad you explored something new to help us all learn new technology tools. It sounds very similar to kahoot and quizlet which are very helpful and beneficial sites. It turns reviewing concepts and questions into an engaging healthy competition.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Typing.com

Lexia